|Competition for Alumni Small Grants Program for 2018 is closed.
Thank your for your interest.
The Public Affairs Section at the U.S. Embassy Lisbon announces its
Alumni Small Grants Program for 2018 to support Alumni-led outreach initiatives.
Proposals for 2018 should focus on Youth.
Successful project(s) will focus on:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM)
- Countering violent extremism
- Victim Assistance
- Projects targeting at-risk Portuguese youth including those at risk of radicalization or criminalization; or youth that have been marginalized by society will receive priority. Initiatives may include:
— soft-skills training to youth
— leadership seminars
— speaker programs
— other innovative engagement ideas
Who can apply?
U.S. Government sponsored International Exchange Program Alumni.
How much is available?
Project proposals may be up to 1,800.00 USD. Project proposals should indicate if there are additional funding sources. Cooperative projects will be viewed favorably.
How to apply?
- Project must be completed within one year after receipt of funding
- Photographs and videos of project related activities must be shared to highlight the project
- A written report of the project must be submitted 30 days after completion
How are proposals evaluated?
- Clarity of the project in focus areas listed above
- Feasibility of implementation
- Addresses an articulated need
- Is sustainable
- Reaches marginalized youth
- Proposals from Alumni teams (two or more) will be viewed favorably
Questions regarding procedure; completion of forms; eligibility; budget requirements, etc., may be directed to: AlumniPortugal@state.gov