On March 1, 2019, HSI Madrid & HSI Houston participated in a special ceremony with the U.S. Ambassador to Portugal, Hon. George E. Glass, where members of Portuguese Law Enforcement and Public Prosecutors were recognized at the U.S. Embassy in Lisbon, on behalf of the HSI Houston Special Agent in Charge and HSI Attaché Madrid, for their collaboration and results in investigations involving Foreign Corrupt Practices.
The following individuals were recognized by Ambassador Glass:
- José António Lopes Ranito – Procurador da República
- Olga Maria Minhós Barata – Procuradora da República
- Andreea Surdu Carvalho – Técnica Assessora do Banco de Portugal
- Maria Teresa Silva Correia – Inspectora Tributária da Autoridade Tributária
- Micaela Maria de Melo e Branco – Inspectora da Polícia Judiciária
Also recognized but unable to attend the ceremony were:
- Jorge Humberto Gil Moreira do Rosário Teixeira – Procurador da República
- Ricardo Alexandre Costa da Silva – Inspector Chefe da Polícia Judiciária
Also present in the ceremony were HSI Houston Special Agents and Department of Justice (DOJ), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) Prosecutors. Ambassador Glass presented recognition letters to five Portuguese Law Enforcement and Portuguese Public Prosecutors. These letters were presented on behalf of HSI Houston Special Agent in Charge Mark Dawson, who recognized the “ongoing collaboration between our agencies… as we jointly hold accountable those individuals who perpetuate international corruption and financial crimes to the detriment of global stability and security”.