Event: Demonstration, Saturday, June 27, 2020
Location: A demonstration in the greater Lisbon area is scheduled to take place at the following location:
- Saturday, June 27, 2020 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. beginning at Marquês de Pombal and proceeding to Terreiro do Paço (near Praça do Comercio) along Avenida da Liberdade
Please note that the above location and time is subject to change.
For further information about security in Portugal:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Portugal’s Country Specific Information.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstration
- Exercise caution in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- American Citizen Services, U.S. Embassy, Lisbon, Portugal
- Website: https://pt.usembassy.gov/ | Email: email@example.com
- Follow us: https://www.facebook.com/AmCitsinPortugal/
- Emergency during Business hours: (+351) 21 727 3300 (press: 2 & press: 1)
- Emergency outside of business hours: (+351) 21-727-3300
- Register and request your Absentee Ballot: www.fvap.gov
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Enroll: in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- State Department – Consular Affairs – (888)-407-4747 or (202)-501-4444