On July 1, the Government of Portugal decreed a State of Alert for Portugal. Some areas, including the Lisbon Metropolitan Area, remain under additional restrictions.
Under the current travel restrictions, the Government of Portugal prohibits non-essential (tourist) travel to Portugal by U.S. citizens.
Visit our COVID 19 page for details on the State of Alert and travel restrictions: https://pt.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- American Citizen Services, U.S. Embassy, Lisbon, Portugal
- Website: https://pt.usembassy.gov/ | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us: https://www.facebook.com/AmCitsinPortugal/
- Emergency during Business hours: (+351) 21 727 3300
- Emergency outside of business hours: (+351) 21-727-3300
- Register and request your Absentee Ballot: fvap.gov
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Enroll: in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- State Department – Consular Affairs – (888)-407-4747 or (202)-501-4444