Effective August 1, 2020, the Lisbon Metropolitan Area is now in a State of Contingency with the following measures.
- Gatherings reduced to a max of 10 persons.
- All public spaces will close at 8 p.m. except for supermarkets, gas stations, pharmacies, funeral homes, and medical centers which will close at 10 p.m.
- Restaurants may remain open until 1 a.m. and accept new customers until midnight.
- No consumption of alcohol in public spaces, except in restaurants, cafés, and bars.
- Gas stations are prohibited from selling alcohol.
- Police presence will be increased to deter large gatherings.
- Organizers and participants of large gatherings will be fined.
For additional information, visit the Embassy COVID 19 webpage at: https://pt.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
American Citizen Services, U.S. Embassy, Lisbon, Portugal
Follow us: https://www.facebook.com/AmCitsinPortugal/
Emergency during Business hours: (+351) 21 727 3300
Emergency outside of business hours: (+351) 21-727-3300 · Register and request your Absentee Ballot: www.fvap.gov
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
State Department – Consular Affairs – (888)-407-4747 or (202)-501-4444