Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Lisbon, Portugal (April 3, 2020)
Event: International commercial flight options currently exist in Portugal. U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial arrangements as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
The U.S. government does not anticipate arranging repatriation flights in Portugal at this time.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Portugal.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult with Portuguese authorities if you have been in contact with an infected person and are experiencing symptoms.
Portuguese COVID-19 Health Hotlines:
- Mainland Portugal – (+ 351) 808 24 24 24 (Press 9 for English)
- Azores – (+351) 808 24 60 24
- Madeira – (+351) 800 24 24 20
- Consult the Portuguese Government’s latest updates on COVID-19 at:
Portuguese Director General of Health (DGS) COVID -19 information (for English click on the Globe on the upper side of the page)
- S. Embassy Lisbon, Portugal
Avenida das Forças Armadas
(Business hours) – (+351) 21-770-2122
(After hours) – (+351) 21-727-3300
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Portugal Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter