Location: Announced gathering point at Praça de Luís de Camões.
Event: Demonstration expected to take place on June 21, 2018 beginning at 19:00 p.m.. The group intends to protest U.S. border policies. Additional demonstrations in other major cities in Portugal may also be planned.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- Notify friends and family of your safety
- U.S. Embassy in Portugal + (351) 21-770-2122
- + (351) 21-727-3300 (after hours)
- American Citizen Services: email@example.com
- State Department – – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Portugal Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter