Location: Announced gathering point and route includes, but is not limited to:
- Tunnel at Marques de Pombal, which will be closed starting at 13:30 p.m.
- Avenida da Liberdade to Restauradores, which will closed starting at 14:00 p.m.
- Avenida Sidónio Pais, which will have restricted traffic between 09:30 a.m. and 15:00 p.m.
- Avenida Duque D´Ávila, which will have restricted traffic starting at 14:00 p.m.
- Intersection of Rua Barata Salgueiro and Avenida da Liberdade and the adjacent streets starting at 13:00 p.m.
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place on November 15, 2018, and could impact traffic as early as 09:30 a.m. The group intends to participate in the national workers march. Additional demonstrations in Lisbon and other major cities in Portugal may also be planned.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- Notify friends and family of your safety
- U.S. Embassy in Portugal + (351) 21-770-2122
- + (351) 21-727-3300 (after hours)
- American Citizen Services: email@example.com
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Portugal Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter