Event/Location: Wildfire Season in Portugal
The U.S. Embassy in Lisbon cautions U.S. citizens of the potential for wildfires in Portugal. Peak fire season in Portugal is already underway and can last until October. Prior to traveling in Portugal, we encourage you to monitor the Civil Protection Authority’s website at Prociv.pt, where you will find notices on elevated fire risks.
All U.S. citizens living in or traveling in Portugal should also monitor local news reports, follow directions from local officials, and take appropriate action as needed.
Please share the information above and the additional resources below with friends and family.
- Information about districts impacted by any events: http://www.prociv.pt/en-us/SITUACAOOPERACIONAL/Pages/ocorrenciassignificativas.aspx
- Road Closures: http://www.gnr.pt/ultimahora.aspx?linha=7506
- Map of Fires in Portugal: https://fogos.pt/
For further information about security in Portugal:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Portugal’s Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Review the Latest: Alerts and Messages
- American Citizen Services, U.S. Embassy, Lisbon, Portugal Website: https://pt.usembassy.gov/ | Email: email@example.com
- Follow us: https://www.facebook.com/AmCitsinPortugal/
- Emergency during Business hours: (+351) 21 727 3300 (press: 2 & press: 1)
- Emergency outside of business hours: (+351) 21-727-3300
- Register and request your Absentee Ballot: www.fvap.gov
- Follow us onTwitter and Facebook.
- State Department – Consular Affairs – (888)-407-4747 or (202)-501-4444