To U.S. Citizens in Portugal
Effective January 15, 2021 the Government of Portugal has instituted the following new restrictions for continental Portugal:
- Stay Home –except for authorized travel.
- Mandatory Telework– when possible.
- Schools –All schools are open (with in-person attendance for students).
These additional restrictions are effective until January 30, but may be extended. For more information about exceptions to include public services, medical assistance, food services, etc – visit the Embassy webpage at: https://pt.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Consular Operations: Due to the COVID-19 situation in Portugal and for the health and safety of the public and our personnel, Consular services are limited to emergencies only.
- Emergency American Citizen Services are being offered for urgent life and death situations only.
- If you have such an emergency, contact the American Citizen Services unit at:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visa services have been suspended
- If you have an urgent life and death situation requiring travel, contact the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit at:email@example.com
- Website: https://pt.usembassy.gov/
- Emergency during Business hours: (+351) 21 727 3300
- Emergency outside of business hours: (+351) 21-727-3300
- Register and request your Absentee Ballot: www.fvap.gov
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Enroll: in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- State Department – Consular Affairs – (888)-407-4747 or (202)-501-4444