Level 3: Reconsider Travel to Portugal due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Portugal due to COVID-19.
Improved conditions have been reported within Portugal. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Portugal.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Portugal:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive travel alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Portugal.
- Have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- American Citizen Services, U.S. Embassy, Lisbon, Portugal
Follow us: https://www.facebook.com/AmCitsinPortugal/
Emergency during Business hours: (+351) 21 727 3300
Emergency outside of business hours: (+351) 21-727-3300
- Register and request your Absentee Ballot: www.fvap.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs – (888)-407-4747 or (202)-501-4444