TO: U.S. Citizens in Portugal
U.S. passport holders may now use automated E-Gates at immigration when arriving to Portugal.
As a result of severe delays and a surge of tourists, the Portuguese Authorities have extended the RAPID4ALL System to U.S. passport holders. This program is expected to significantly reduce the time it takes for citizens to get through immigration.
To use the RAPID4ALL, you must:
- Preset a United States E-passport
- Be 18 years old or older
- Enter the European Union through Portugal
- Not exceed the permitted period of stay in Portugal
For more information visit: ePortugalGov
American Citizen Services, U.S. Embassy, Lisbon, Portugal
- Website: https://pt.usembassy.gov/
- Email: email@example.com
- Emergency Contact: (+351) 21 727 3300
- Vote: Register and request your Absentee Ballot at https://www.fvap.gov/
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.