Passport Services

American Citizen Services has temporarily suspended walk-in appointments. 

 If you need an Emergency Passport, please email to schedule an appointment in advance.  If you have an emergency you can contact us at (+351) 21-727-3300; however, you will receive the most rapid response for an emergency appointment request by email.



Current information about  CONSULAR FEES

PAYMENT: We accept payment in CASH, CREDIT CARD or in VALE POSTAL (money order). We do NOT accept personal checks or debit cards.

SAFEGUARDING YOUR PASSPORT: Sign your full name inside your passport. Parents may sign on behalf of their children under 16 and should note their relation to the child. Keep your passport in a safe location while at home and abroad. If your passport is lost or stolen, report it immediately: HERE

Passports reported lost or stolen are invalidated and can no longer be used for travel.

Under the Portuguese Immigration law, foreign minors under 18 years of age entering or exiting Portugal must be in possession of an authorization letter of parental consent to travel, if travelling with adults other than their parent/s or legal guardians. The document must be signed and dated, with the signature(s) certified by a notary. The letter of parental consent to travel must include the dates and reason for travel and the details of an adult who will be responsible for the child.

Please read information posted by the Portuguese Immigration