The U.S. Embassy accepts applications by APPOINTMENT only to replace passports that have been lost, stolen, or damaged.
At a minimum you will need to arrive with the following:
- Completed DS -11 (unsigned),
- Completed DS – 64 STATEMENT,
- 2” x 2” color PHOTOS available at most metro or train stations.
If you are visiting Portugal, your passport was lost or stolen and you need to travel imminently, our American Citizen Services (ACS) team stands ready to help you obtain an EMERGENCY U.S. PASSPORT.
Applying for an Emergency U.S. Passport is Easy:
- For a stolen passport, go to the Portuguese tourist police and file a police report.
- Complete and print your forms with the Passport Application Wizard.
(DO NOT SIGN THE APPLICATION).
- Make an APPOINTMENT
- At your appointment you will be asked for three things:
- Your completed passport application
- A 2” x 2” photo. No glasses.
- Payment for the $145 fee in cash or credit card (checks, debit cards, and Multibanco cards are not accepted)
If qualified for an emergency passport, the document will be valid for up to one year.
NOTE: If you are travelling to France be advised that the 12 page US emergency passport is NOT recognized as valid for entry by French authorities.