When you turn 16, you can apply for a 10-year passport!
To get started, schedule an appointment. Then bring the following items to your appointment:
- The DS 11 Application Form here. ONLY BLACK INK IS ACCEPTABLE.
- Additional valid ID with photo
- Appropriate fee
- One photo. The background of the photograph must be white and measure 5cm X 5cm. There is a photo booth at the Embassy that will generate two photos for 5 euros
- A local Post Office registered pre-paid envelope (“Correio Registado” format C5 for 100g) with stamps for 0.80 euros or a “Correio Verde” / “Correio Azul” envelope with stamps for 1.70 euros (one per applicant). Please note you must pre-address the envelope with your name and address.
- If a significant amount of time has passed since your last passport was issued, we recommend that you bring some photos of yourself taken during the intervening years to assist the Consular Officer in confirming your identity
Read this three simple steps.