View our .pdf walk through here for pictures and details
STEP 1 – PREPARE: Requirements of passport renewal applications by mail:
1. Application: Please complete, print, and sign your completed DS-82 application from the Passport Application.
a) Add SSN: All applications must include SSN (Social Security Number) information.
i. If you do not have SSN/SSN information, please see below*
b) Sign: Do not forget to sign. Signature must be a “wet”, non-digital signature.
2. Photo: One photo measuring 5cm x 5cm. The background of the photo must be white. No glasses. Photo requirement details here.
3. Passport: Applicant’s current/most recent passport. You must submit both
- the original actual passport and
- a printed copy of the photo page of the passport.
4. Appropriate fee
a) Passport BOOK Only – Online Payment.
i. Click here to start your online payment.
ii. Include print out. You must include a print-out of the payment confirmation page with your application package.
5. Address, Envelope, and Stamps:
a) Envelope: A local Post Office (CTT) pre-paid envelope “Correio Verde” / “Correio Azul” (Format C5 162X229), and
b) Stamps: Stamps for 2.50 euros to pay for the registration (per applicant)
i. NOTE: You must include stamps. Even prepaid envelopes require stamps. Even though the envelope is prepaid, the stamps are necessary for us to send it as registered mail and we will not mail your new passport without them. Postage stamps MUST be affixed to the envelopes
ii. CTT often tells customers they do not need stamps since the envelope is pre-paid. This is incorrect. You must include stamps to have a U.S. passport sent by us.
i. Envelopes must be pre-addressed with your name and address.
ii. Registration must be pre-addressed with your name and address.
· (we will add the Embassy return address)
- Name change documents (Original + one photocopy) If you would like to change the name on your new passport due to marriage, divorce, or court order, please include proof of your name change. You must either submit (1) an original U.S.-issued document, (2) the original international model of your local marriage certificate OR (3) the original divorce/court with a certified translation into English.
- * SSN (Social Security Number) information
- If you have been issued an SSN, include in appropriate field.
- If you have but forgot your SSN, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your SSN. However, please be aware this process takes months, and it generally advisable to find you SSN card, old records, etc.
- If you never had an SSN, please complete and include this form in your mailed package.
STEP 2 – SEND: Once your documents are prepared, please send to the appropriate address
- If you reside in Continental Portugal or Madeira:
American Citizen Services
Avenida das Forças Armadas
- If you reside in the Azores, the above items can be sent by mail to:
Avenida Príncipe de Mónaco 6-2F
9500-237 Ponta Delgada
STEP 3 – WAIT: Passports take on average 6 weeks to process and return. All passports at U.S. Embassy Lisbon are processed in Arizona, so we generally cannot provide you with information about your renewal status. As such, we cannot reply to individual request for passport status updates unless it has been:
- 10 weeks since you mailed your application OR
- 6 weeks since you received an email from travel.state.gov indicating your passport has shipped OR
- Emergency Travel – less than 5 days before your trip. If you have emergency travel needs while your passport is being renewed, please request an emergency appointment here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to pay online an U.S. passport via Pay.gov?
You are eligible to renew your passport via Pay.gov if you are 16 years and older and already possess a U.S. Passport book issued no more than 15 years ago.
Where do I pay online?
Can I apply for a passport card by mail and pay fees online?
Currently, our overseas online fee payment form via Pay.gov is available only for passport book renewals.
Can I pay for the citizenship application/other ACS services on Pay.gov?
No, citizenship applications are not accepted via Pay.gov. Currently, our overseas online fee payment form via Pay.gov is available only for adult passport book renewals.
What payment methods are available for use via Pay.gov?
To utilize the online fee payment option for an adult passport renewal overseas, you would need to pay your fee either by internationally accepted credit/debit card, electronic funds transfer (from a U.S. bank account), PayPal, or Amazon Pay. All transactions are processed in U.S. dollars.
Can I pay more than one passport at a time in a single transaction on pay.gov?
No. A new payment must be completed for each passport application.
What if I am having technical issues with Pay.gov?
I paid using pay.gov but didn’t receive confirmation email.
If not able to locate confirmation email, do not attempt to pay again. You can request the confirmation email to be sent to you by emailing the pay.gov customer support at email@example.com, or call +1-800-624-1373. if you need your confirmation quickly. You will need to provide your Pay.gov tracking ID or the payment information (date of the transaction, amount, and last four digits of the card used to process the payment).
How do I know my payment information is secure on Pay.gov?
Pay.gov is a secured portal that uses 128-bit SSL encryption to ensure that your personal and payment information is protected. It is a trusted site used by more than 40 U.S. government agencies to collect forms and payments for customers.
If you have changed your name by marriage or divorce, you may apply for a new passport to be issued in your new name. We no longer amend passports. You will need to submit documentary evidence such as a court order, marriage or divorce certificate, or other satisfactory evidence to support a change of name. Only originals or certified copies will be accepted.