Kids grow up fast! Five years can fly by, so keep an eye on their passport expiration date. Children’s passports are only valid for 5 years. To get started, schedule an appointment.
Remember: Both parents /guardian and child must be present!
Then bring the following items to your appointment:
- The DS 11 Application Form here.
- Appropriate fee
- Birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad or adoption decree
- Previous passport
- One photo. The background of the photograph must be white and measure 5cm X 5cm. No glasses.
- A local Post Office pre-paid envelope “Correio Verde” / “Correio Azul” and 1.75 euros in stamps to pay for the registration (one per applicant). Please note you must pre-address the envelope with your name and address.
- If a significant amount of time has passed since your last passport was issued, we recommend that you bring some photos of yourself taken during the intervening years to assist the Consular Officer in confirming your identity
- Parental consent from both parents is required for a passport application of a minor under age 16. If one parent is not present, the absent parent should complete the Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances: Issuance of a passport to a minor under age 16 (DS 3053) and provide a copy of the absent parent’s ID.
When can only one parent or guardian apply for child’s passport? CHECK here
We are here to help by breaking down the children’s passport application process into 8 SIMPLE STEPS