Thank you for scheduling an appointment for a passport service at U.S. Embassy Lisbon.
We have noticed an increase in the number of applicants appearing unprepared to their appointments, resulting in longer processing and waiting times.
In order to improve our customer service and avoid unnecessary delays and/or disruption to our services, please note you will be asked for your completed application before your case can be accepted.
Please carefully review the instructions below:
- GENERATE A BARCODED APPLICATION. Please complete your passport application form online
- Once printed, the form should have a barcode in the upper-left corner.
- You are now required to provide your SSN (U.S. social security number) on each passport application. If you can’t remember your SSN or are unsure if one has ever been issued, please contact the Federal Benefits Unit (email@example.com) before your appointment date.
- If you are certain that no SSN has ever been issued, please leave the form’s field #5 blank. You will be required to sign a statement under penalty of perjury upon your in-person interview.
- TAKE A PASSPORT PHOTO – please consider the current photo criteria, namely size (2x2in or 5x5cm), no eyeglasses allowed and taken within the last 6 months.
- PREPARE PAYMENT – consular fees must be paid using cash ($ or euros) or a credit card – Please note that debit cards, to include local “Multibanco” are NOT accepted.
- IMPORTANT: We only accept credit cards from the person listed on the card. Please plan accordingly and, if necessary, bring cash for your payment.
*** IF YOU APPEAR FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT WITHOUT ONE OF THE ITEMS LISTED ABOVE, PLEASE BE PREPARED TO WAIT SEVERAL HOURS
WHILE WE PRIORITIZE THE PROCESSING OF APPLICANTS WITH A COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKAGE ***
*** YOU MAY ALSO BE REQUIRED TO RESCHEDULE FOR ANOTHER DAY IF YOU DO NOT APPEAR ON TIME FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT ***
We strongly urge you to please also review our navigator to make sure you have all other required documents with you for your interview.
We appreciate your cooperation as we look forward to welcoming you to U.S. Embassy Lisbon.