- Flores Island
- Corvo Island
Event: The Portuguese Institute of the Sea and Atmosphere has issued a red alert for the westernmost islands of Flores and Corvo. Sea agitation and rough seas are expected on Saturday, February 23 from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Azores time. Less severe orange and yellow alerts have also been issued for the central islands (Terceira, Faial, Pico, Sao Jorge, and Graciosa) and eastern islands (Sao Miguel and Santa Maria) due to expected high winds, heavy rain, and rough seas.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Make contingency plans to leave.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- U.S. Consulate Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores, Portugal
(+351) 296-308-330, email@example.com
- U.S. Embassy Lisbon, Portugal (+351) 21-770-2122,
or after hours (+351) 21-727-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
(+1) 888-407-4747 or (+1) 202-501-4444.
- Portugal Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.