- Flores Island
- Corvo Island
Event: Storm Diana began to pass through the Azores archipelago starting at approximately 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 27, 2018. The Portuguese Institute of the Sea and Atmosphere has issued a red alert for the westernmost islands of Flores and Corvo. Sea agitation and rough seas are expected, and are likely to occur from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m Azores time. Less severe orange and yellow alerts have also been issued for the central islands of Terceira, Faial, Pico, Sao Jorge, and Graciosa and eastern islands of Sao Miguel and Santa Maria, due to expected high winds and rough seas.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the local news as well as the Azores Civil Protection website for updated storm tracking information.
- Avoid the area until the storm has dissipated.
- Seek secure shelter if traveling in the affected region.
- Make contingency plans to leave in the event conditions worsen.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Follow directions from local officials.
- U.S. Consulate Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores, Portugal
(+351) 296-308-330, email@example.com
- U.S. Embassy Lisbon, Portugal (+351) 21-770-2122,
or after hours (+351) 21-727-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
(+1) 888-407-4747 or (+1) 202-501-4444.
- Portugal Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.