Location: Madeira and Porto Santo islands, Portugal
Event: Hurricane Leslie is expected to impact Madeira and Porto Santo islands between 06:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 13th until 18:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 14th. Portuguese authorities are warning people to expect high winds, dangerous storm tides, heavy rainfall, and possible flooding.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area
- Seek secure shelter.
- Monitor local media for updates
- Make contingency plans to leave
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Notify friends and family of your safety
- U.S. Embassy in Portugal + (351) 21-770-2122
- + (351) 21-727-3300 (after hours)
- American Citizen Services: email@example.com
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Portugal Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter