Location: Mainland Portugal
Event: Hurricane Leslie is expected to impact portions of mainland Portugal between 02:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 13th until 14:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 14th. Portuguese authorities are warning people to expect high winds, dangerous storm tides, heavy rainfall, and possible flooding.
For further information, monitor The Portuguese Institute for Sea and Atmosphere (IPMA) website at http://www.ipma.pt/en/index.html. If you are currently in an area with an IPMA alert, take shelter. You may want to avoid these areas if you are planning travel.
Actions to Take:
· Seek secure shelter.
· Monitor local media for updates
· Make contingency plans to leave
· Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
· Notify friends and family of your safety
· U.S. Embassy in Portugal + (351) 21-770-2122 (ctxtel:(351)%2021-770-2122)
· + (351) 21-727-3300 (ctxtel:(351)%2021-727-3300) (after hours)
· American Citizen Services: email@example.com
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 (ctxtel:888-407-4747) or 202-501-4444 (ctxtel:202-501-4444)
· Portugal Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates